September 21, 2008

Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC)

Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) serves as the Overseas Filipino Worker's travel exit clearance at the airport and immigration counters. The OEC is also an exemption for Overseas Filipino Workers from payment of travel tax and airport terminal fees.

Name-hired or Direct-hired workwers are also required to get an OEC. It isn't enough that you have the Labor Market Opinion, Temporary Resident Visa and Work Permit. A name hire refers to a worker who is able to secure an overseas employment opportunity without the assistance or participation of recruitment agency.

Requirements to get OEC

  • OFW Information Sheet

  • passport

  • work visa or work permit

  • employment contract verified or authenticated by the Philippine embassy or Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) or Philippine consulate in the country of your destination.

  • medical examination by a DOH-accredited clinic or hospital

  • certificate of attendance to POEA in-house pre-departure orientation seminar

  • Costs/Fees to get OEC
  • POEA Processing Fee - US$100 or its peso equivalent

  • OWWA membership fee - US$25 or its peso equivalent

  • OWWA Medicare - P900.00

  • A worker may register as a name hire at the One Stop Landbased Accreditation and Processing Center located at the 2nd Floor, POEA Bldg., Ortigas, corner EDSA Mandaluyong City.

    Be sure to get Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) before leaving the country to avoid unnecessary problems.