December 5, 2009

Quebec Live-in Caregiver Program Application Process

Quebec's Live-in Caregiver Program is different from Federal Government's Live-in Caregiver Program.

Here's how to apply under Quebec Live-in Caregiver Program.

As an applicant, your first step is to send your application for Québec Acceptance Certificate for Temporary Work (CAQ) to Direction de l'immigration temporaire, travailleurs temporaires. Before you can do this, your employer must file an application to review his job offer for you. Wait for the notice from the Quebec Immigration. Normally, you will be given 120 days to submit your application for CAQ.

To get a CAQ, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Must have successfully completed 11 years of primary and secondary education.

  • Must have acquired at least six months’ experience in this type of work in the five years before applying for a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) OR have received at least six months’ training at a vocational school for this type of employment.

  • Must understand French or English and be able to express themselves orally in one of these languages.

  • Must have signed an employment contract with an employer in Québec.

  • Together with your application forms and supporting documents, you will need to send a bank draft amounting to Minister of Finance of Québec.

    The next step after receiving your CAQ is to apply for work permit and Temporary Resident Visa from the Canadian Visa Office serving your country.

    If you are planning to live and work in Quebec, here's Quebec Immigration Program.