September 21, 2011

Cap Reached for Registered Nurses (NOC 3152) | CIO MI-3 Update as of September 20, 2011

As of September 20, 2011, the cap for Registered Nurses (NOC 3152) has been reached already. This means Centralized Intake Office (CIO) will only accept applications under this job classification for those with Arranged Employment.

Applications received toward the overall cap: 2,203 of 10,000 as of September 20, 2011

Eligible Occupation

Number of Complete Applications Received
0631 Restaurant and Food Service Managers 183
0811 Primary Production Managers (except Agriculture) 17
1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management (Cap reached)
1233 Insurance Adjusters and Claims Examiners 30
2121 Biologists and Related Scientists 103
2151 Architects 53
3111 Specialist Physicians 81
3112 General Practitioners and Family Physicians 86
3113 Dentists 115
3131 Pharmacists 202
3142 Physiotherapists 24
3152 Registered Nurses (Cap reached)
3215 Medical Radiation Technologists 12
3222 Dental Hygienists and Dental Therapists 8
3233 Licensed Practical Nurses 37
4151 Psychologists 9
4152 Social Workers 65
6241 Chefs 17
6242 Cooks 38
7215 Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades 19
7216 Contractors and Supervisors, Mechanic Trades 36
7241 Electricians (except Industrial and Power System) 17
7242 Industrial Electricians 14
7251 Plumbers 4
7265 Welders and Related Machine Operators 6
7312 Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics 9
7371 Crane Operators 1
7372 Drillers and Blasters – Surface Mining, Quarrying and Construction 2
8222 Supervisors, Oil and Gas Drilling and Service 15

For Registered Nurses who weren't able to make it, here's what you may do to pursue your Canadian dream while waiting for the next Ministerial Instruction.

1. Get your credentials assessed. Requirements and processing for credentials assessment varies depending on which Provincial and Territorial Regulatory Bodies for Nurses in Canada you will be applying from.

Getting your credentials assessed and writing the exam will give you an advantage. Here's a Guide for Filipino Nurses planning to live and work in Canada based on actual experience of a Filipino Nurse.

2. After the credentials assessment, the next step is to find employer. This Canada Jobs Portal would be of help in finding employer in Canada.

3. You need a Labor Market Opinion (LMO) or Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO) in order to apply for a Work Permit or PR Visa, respectively. Your employer needs to apply for AEO and LMO from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC).

Another alternative that nurses may consider is to try Australia, which now have the most livable city in the world.