March 7, 2017

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Applications Are Now Being Accepted!

Few months ago, representatives from New Brunswick Provincial Government were in the Philippines to promote the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Project.  This program aims to attract immigrants to settle in the Atlantic Provinces of Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island).

Today, Citizenship and Immigration Canada announced that Atlantic Immigration Pilot Applications Are Now Being Accepted!

Atlantic Immigration Pilot Applications Are Now Being Accepted!

The Atlantic Immigration Pilot has three streams:
  • Atlantic High-Skilled Program
  • Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program
  • Atlantic International Graduate Program
The work experience, education, and job offer you need will depend on whether you are applying as a worker or an international student graduate. The other requirements are the same for both.

Eligibility Requirements for Atlantic Immigration Pilot:

  • No experience required for International Student Graduates
  • For Skilled Workers, You must have worked at least one year (1,560 hours total or 30 hours per week) within the last three years. It can be full-time, non-continuous, or part-time, as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours. The experience can be gained from inside or outside Canada.
  • For Skilled Workers, the minimum requirement is Canadian Secondary (High School) Diploma or its equivalent
  • For International Student Graduates, a minimum 2 year degree, diploma, certificate, or trade or apprenticeship credential from a recognized publicly-funded institution in an Atlantic province; been a full-time student in Canada for at least two years; graduated in the last 12 months when you apply; lived in one of the Atlantic provinces for at least 16 months in the last 2 years before you graduated and had the visa or permit needed to work, study or train in Canada. English or French second language courses for more than half of the program

Your job offer does not need to be in the same occupation as your past work experience. However, you need to meet employment requirements for the job you are offered. LMIA is NOT required.
  • Job offers for high-skilled workers must be skill type/level 0, A, or B and must last at least one year
  • Job offers for intermediate-skilled workers must be skill type/level 0, A, B, or C and must be indeterminate (permanent)
  • Job offers for international graduates must be skill type/level 0, A, B, or C and must last at least one year

Your results must be less than two years old when you apply. You must:
  • have at least a level four (4) in the Canadian Language Benchmarks in English or the Niveaux de comp├ętence linguistique canadiens in French, and 
  • take an approved language test that shows you meet the level for speaking, listening, reading and writing.

You will need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you immigrate. The amount you need depends on the size of your family and includes family members you support that are not immigrating with you.

You do not need to show proof if you are already living and working in Canada with a valid work permit.

It is not mandatory to hire an Immigration Lawyer/Consultant to apply for permanent residence in Canada.  Information on how to apply under Atlantic Immigration Pilot is available at

But if you need help, you can bank on Canadian Immigration Consultancy's almost 30 years of experience in Canadian Visa Processing.

Interested to Study, Work and Live in Canada? Here's what you may do:
Here's why immigration is desperately needed in Atlantic Canada.