Showing posts with label LMIA. Show all posts
Showing posts with label LMIA. Show all posts

August 25, 2008

How to find jobs in Canada

Depending on your circumstances and how much you are willing to help yourself, there are ways more than one that you may do to get a Permanent Resident Visa and or legally work in Canada.

1. Contact your friends or relatives who are now in Canada. Ask them to help you find a job offer by referring you to their respective employers and other contacts. They are in the best position to help you. Or if applicable, they may help you get a PR Visa through Provincial Nominee Program.

2. Maximize the use of internet and email. Look for job vacancies in Canada that match your profile. Send your resume with a good cover letter. (Here's a free Canada resume guide) There are many job posting sites where you can find job vacancies in Canada. But to avoid scammers like that in the case of OMNI Hotel Scam, I suggest you look for job vacancies from Canada Job Bank, which is a government owned website. You may also want to check these Canada Jobs Online Portals that I highly recommend.

3. Once you find an employer who is willing to hire you, that employer needs to submit an application to Human Resource Social Development Canada (HRSDC) to get you a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) report.  Simply put, it's  a validated job offer from an eligible employer. Your employer will then send you the LMIA. There is also a chance that an employer may be willing to sponsor you through Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or through the Global Talent Stream.

4. If you already have the LMIA, you may now file your application for Temporary Resident Visa - Work Permit or Permanent Resident Visa at the the Visa Office near you. To check which Visa Office may handle your application, click here.

Information about visa application to Canada is available for FREE at

Only ICCRC Registered Immigration Consultants or Canadian Immigration Lawyers are authorized to represent you for a fee.  Clients of Canadian Immigration Consultancy are represented by an ICCRC Registered Immigration Consultant.