Showing posts with label Q and A. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Q and A. Show all posts

September 9, 2012

Q&A: Is it guaranteed that All NOCs 0, A and B will be eligible for the new Federal Skilled Worker Program?

Is it guaranteed that All NOCs 0, A and B will be eligible for the new Federal Skilled Worker Program?

This is a common question I'm receiving from interested applicants who are planning to file an application for permanent residence in Canada.  They are asking this question after I posted this: More Occupations to Open for Canada's Skilled Worker Program | Get Ready for January 2013 .

The short answer is NO.  But let me explain...

There is no official announcement yet from Citizenship and Immigration Canada confirming the final details of New Federal Skilled Worker Program, the New FSW Points System and the IELTS Test Module Required. The information I'm sharing here is based on the statements of Canada's Immigration Minister, Jason Kenney.

You can read more about Jason Kenney from his official website:  You will find in his website the Twitter Account (@kenneyjason) he is using.

Now, here's a couple of twitter messages from his account:

On the eligible occupations for the new Federal Skilled Worker Program.

NOCs 0, A and B

"The new Skilled Worker Program will be limited to applicants in NOCs 0, A, & B, but won't be limited to particular occupations." [August 18, 2012]

On the required IELTS Test Module.

IELTS General Training

"We will continue to use the IELTS General Training Module for language assessments under the new Skilled Worker Program." [September 6, 2012

So there.  Now, it is up to you to decide how to make use of this information. This may still change, of course.  So you have two options: Prepare now or wait for the official announcement. 

Remember, however, that there is a limit on the number of applications to be accepted.  If you will not prepare as early as now, there is a great chance that you will never make it. If you are really determined to live and work in Canada to give your family a better quality of life, you must do everything in your power to make it happen.

June 5, 2012

Age Limit Requirement for Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP)

Is there an age limit requirement for Live-in Caregiver Program?

age limit

This is a common question I'm receiving from blog readers. The answer is NO.

If you will check the guidelines from Citizenship and Immigration Canada website, the following are only requirements listed to be eligible:

- A job confirmation letter from a Canadian employer.[A positive labor market opinion from Human Resource and Social Development Canada (HRSDC)]

- A written contract with your future employer

- Successful completion of the equivalent of Canadian secondary school. [For Filipino Applicants: You must have at least two year post high school education, in which you must have obtained at least 72 units of credit].

- At least six months’ training, or at least one year of full-time experience (including six months with one employer) during the past three years. [For Filipino Applicants: In order for your training to be recognized, it must be taken at an institution accredited by the local education authority (TESDA).It should six months with a minimum of twenty-five hours per week in classroom lectures must have been completed as part of formal education.]

- Good knowledge of English or French

- A work permit before you enter Canada

Nothing was mentioned about the age limit requirement. The employer decides the age of the worker he/she wants to hire. However, one must be realistic. You can't expect that a 50 year old LCP applicant to take care of an elderly will get an approval from the Visa Office. ;-)

Update June 18, 2019: New Caregiver Pilots.

October 22, 2011

Dependent Child of a Depenent Child or Spouse | Qualified Dependent

QUESTION: My wife has a son from her previous marriage. Can I include her son as my dependent for our permanent residence visa application?

ANSWER: You may include all your family members in your application. Family members include a spouse, a common-law partner, dependent children, and the dependent child of a dependent child.

Dependent child of a dependent child refers to children of dependent children of the principal applicant or those of his or her spouse or common-law partner.

Yes, you may include your wife's son as a dependent or family member.

Reference: Guide 7000

August 27, 2009

6 - 12 months Processing for FSW | Is it for real?

Is the 6 - 12 months processing for Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW) real? How come the cousin of my brother's neighbor took him about 4 years? :-)

It is of course understandable that there are those who will doubt the processing period is now that fast. The funny thing there is that we used to say the FSW processing period is about 3-5 years and many are being discouraged. And now that we're saying it is 6-12 months, there are those who doubt it.

We just convey the information available. We don't make the rules. So what is our reference for the 6-12 months processing? Here it is:

6 - 12 months Processing for FSW

The 6-12 months processing was mentioned in the 'Action Plan for Faster Immigration: Ministerial Instructions'. Click here to read the whole text from Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.

While you are still in doubt and trying to prove us wrong, some others are now waiting for their visa. It is happening and we have the proof!

Always remember that immigration regulations change and the longer you delay your decision, the more you are risking your eligibility.

July 23, 2009

I'm Visiting Canada, Is Travel Insurance Required in Visitor Visa Application?

A blog reader asked me of travel insurance is required in visitor visa application. For the benefit of those who may be wondering too whether travel insurance is required, I thought of posting my answer here.

First. let's define what is a travel insurance.

Here's a travel insurance definition from MSN Encarta:

insurance for problems while traveling: insurance to cover the eventualities of a period of travel away from home such as flight delay, loss of baggage, theft of money or belongings, or medical costs

And another travel insurance definition from Wikipedia:

Travel insurance is insurance that is intended to cover medical expenses and financial (such as money invested in nonrefundable pre-payments) and other losses incurred while traveling, either within one's own country, or internationally.

Now that we have a clear information on what a travel insurance is, the next thing to do is refer to the application kit for Tourist Visa Application. You will find there the list of requirements. Reading Canadian Tourist Visa Application guide will give you more information about visitor visa application.

Travel Insurance is technically not required. It is not included in the checklist of documents. Remember, however, that in visitor visa application, you must be able to convince the visa officer that you have a valid purpose and that you have the means to support your travel. Having a travel insurance will not only help your case, but it will also be of big help in case something happen to you while you're traveling. That is what insurance is for.