top of page
Wedding Rings


Eligibility to Sponsor a Spouse, Common or Conjugal Parter

To be eligible to sponsor your spouse, partner, or dependent child, you must be at least 18 years old and either a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act. If you are a Canadian citizen living abroad, you must demonstrate your intention to live in Canada once the individuals you are sponsoring become permanent residents. Permanent residents residing outside of Canada are not eligible to sponsor. Additionally, you must be able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability and that you can provide for the basic needs of those you wish to sponsor.


Your spouse, who can be of either sex, must be legally married to you and at least 18 years old.

Common-law Partner

Your common-law partner, who can be of either sex, must not be legally married to you and must be at least 18 years old. Additionally, they must have lived with you continuously for at least 12 consecutive months in a conjugal relationship without any extended periods apart. Any time spent apart should have been short and temporary.

Conjugal Partner

Your conjugal partner, who can be of either sex and is at least 18 years old, must not be legally married to you or in a common-law relationship with you. They must have been in a relationship with you for at least one year and live outside Canada. They are unable to live with you in their country of residence or marry you due to significant legal and immigration barriers, such as being married to someone else in a country where divorce is not possible, being in a same-sex relationship in a place where such relationships are not accepted or where same-sex marriage is illegal, or facing persecution due to being in a relationship between different religious groups that is not accepted and may be legally or socially punished.

Let us help you!

The key to a successful application is proper documentation. You must be able to document that your relationship is genuine and that there exists emotional and financial inter-dependence. Big words? You bet! How to do that? You leave that to us. We will guide you. You can bank on our over 3 decades of experience doing this.

Start Now

About Us

We work with almost all public colleges and universities in Canada.

Get Ready Program

Affordable, Flat-fee rate unlimited consultancy services.

News and Updates

Immigration and Canada related news and updates.

More Information

Related links

bottom of page