How to Apply for Work Permit

Information about Canada Visa Application to Canada is available free at

But if you want assistance in applying for Work Permit Application, we could be of help. You may be pleased to know that we are authorized to represent you and with over 20 years of experience, we have already sent thousands of clients to Canada!

Here's how to start:

Assessment. You need to have a Labor Market Impact Assessment issued by HRSDC in order for you to apply for work permit. This means you must have a valid job offer from Canada.

Canadian Immigration Consultancy is not a recruitment agency and we can't help you find an employer. If you don't have an employer yet, you may use this Canada Job Search Tool to find one. Or you may want to check with POEA Accredited Recruitment Agencies for job orders.

If you have a spouse who is either an International Student or a Temporary Foreign Worker, you may apply for a Work Permit even without a job offer.

Payment. If you have decided to hire our services, the first step is to pay the downpayment for the non-refundable consultancy fee amounting to USD 1,000 (single) or USD 1,400 (with dependent/s). This amount does not include the visa processing fee, courier and other incidental expenses.

There are tree ways to make the payment:
  • Visit our office to pay personally 
  • Online payment using your debit/credit card 
  • Deposit to our Banco de Oro bank account No. 002378025719 Account Name: Proactive Immigration Advisers Corp. 
Upon confirmation of payment, we will give you the application kit via email or in person if you opted to pay in our office. The kit contains checklist of requirements, application forms and documentation guidelines.

Our services include but not limited to the following:
  • Documentation guidance
  • Checking of documents for completeness, compliance and consistency
  • Guidance in filling out the application forms
  • We will act as your representative to Canadian Visa Office through our Authorized Immigration Representative (ICCRC Registered Consultant)
  • Correspondence with Canadian Visa Office
  • Guidance in requesting Visa Officer's Notes if you have previous visa application
Submission of Documents. Once you have completed the documents, contact our office for appointment to submit your documents. You may also send your documents via courier or email.

Upon receipt of your documents, we will start checking your documents for completeness, format compliance and consistency with information. If everything is in order, we will then finalize your application forms and submit your application to the Visa Office. At this point, you will have to collect the Handling Fee and Payment for Visa Fee, VFS Fee and Biometrics Fee
Processing Time. The result of your application will be received within 3-4 months. Processing time is subject to changes and is beyond our control. For updated processing time, you may check at

Visa Issuance. Once you received your visa, the next step is to visit POEA to apply for Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC).  This is not required if you're work permit is dependent to your Spouse's status in Canada (i.e. you do not have an employer who sponsored your work permit application).

We may not be able to guarantee approval of your visa application.  But one thing is certain, we will do everything within our power to help you increase your chances.  We consider your visa application success as our success.