July 15, 2008

Overseas Filipino Worker's (OFW) Information Sheet

IF you are planning to apply to work in Canada and that you have experience working overseas, you may be required to submit a certified copy of worker information sheet from Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA).

You may get a certified worker information sheet from POEA Central Records Division, 6th floor POEA Building located at EDSA Cor Ortigas Avenue, Mandaluyong City. You may contact the Central Records Division at 721-94-89.

I contacted the Central Records Division and I was surprised, but glad, to know that there is no fee required to get a certified copy of worker information sheet. If all your record is available at their main database, you'll get the certificate the same day that you requested for it. Otherwise, allow 3-5 days allowance for them to coordinate with Regional Offices and Philippine Overseas Labour Office abroad.

Certified copy of worker's information sheet is not included on the checklist on the application kit for work permit application. My suggestion to get this document in advance is based on experience. You may submit this in advance to avoid delay on the processing.